CBM India Trust is committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities. CBM addresses disability as a cause and consequence of poverty in the most disadvantaged communities of the world. We work in partnership with local, national, and international actors intending to create an equal society for all. Our vision is to have an inclusive world where all people with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential.
Core purpose: The role of the Community Mobiliser is to work with the vision technician to manage the daily functions of the Vision Centre and mobilise the people who need access to eye care services.
Key responsibilities and job description
• Assist vision technician with patient registration, refraction, and referrals
• Responsible for the day-to-day implementation of outreach activities as per the plan.
• Monitoring outreach progress through field visits and other activities.
• Network and lobby with various frontline government functionaries such as teachers, PRIs, ASHA, and Anganwadi workers
• Assisting in spectacle dispensing
• Undertaking the training of grass root functionaries and community volunteers.
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual, and other reports.
• Maintaining the documentation of all the records and reports in the Vision Centre.
• Conduct field-level monthly meetings.
• Working closely with the block level, district level, (PHC/CHC) officials for effective coordination.
• Analysing the quality aspect of the programme periodically.
• Ability to mobilise the community for Inclusive Eye Health
• Ability to understand the needs of persons with disabilities
• Ability to learn basics of eye health care services
• Communication skills
• Reporting skills
Graduate in Social work/ Humanities/ Public Health
2 years of experience in community work/social work as a health worker or community animator.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. However, it is inevitable that responsibilities and tasks may, from time to time, be varied and unpredictable. It is expected of the staff to respond with a flexible approach when tasks arise which are not specifically covered in this job description. Should an additional responsibility or task become a regular part of an employee’s job, the job description will be amended in consultation with the employee.
Vision Centre Assistant – Community Mobiliser